Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine’s Day Sweets for your Sweetie

We actually already posted a Valentine’s day treat blog on www.Lohud.com featuring Heart Shaped Brownie Bowls and home made chocolate truffles, you can read that here.

But today I am just blogging quickly about these adorable Valentine’s Day themed Devil’s food mini cupcakes that I made for a co-workers (tomorrow).

I made a box of devil’s food chocolate cake mix and lined a mini cupcake tin (makes 24) with parchment liners and used a small disher to fill each cup 2/3’s full.  The recipe on the box was for larger cupcakes so I had to keep an eye on the timing – they were done in about 14-15 minutes instead of the usual 20-25.

I added a few drops of red food coloring into the container of store bought vanilla icing and mixed it vigorously until it turned a light pink.   When the cupcakes were done and completely cooled, I iced each mini cupcake.  I had also purchased a tube of red gel writing icing, so I made a heart on each cupcake with the writing icing and then placed a conversation heart in the middle of each one.

pcakes

 

They came out so cute and I can’t wait to bring them to work and show Lynne, the birthday girl!

Kevin & I sincerely wish you all a very Happy Valentine’s Day to you! Don’t forget to make something sweet, from the heart for your loved one!

 

xoxo,

Aimee & Kevin

1 comment: