Monday, September 24, 2012

Dinner at Golden Corral

KEVIN: Well…Aimee and I were in Orlando, enjoying a fun evening at Ripley’s Believe It Or Not. After touring the museum, we decided to get dinner at Golden Corral, a local buffet nearby.  There are many locations around the area, but I always loved going there, because they always had something that I would enjoy to eat.  Aimee had never gone to the restaurant before, but hearing me talk about it peaked her interest. So we set the GPS and headed to Golden Corral.  Upon walking in, we were greeted with a cafeteria-type line.  We were offered a drink and we paid for our food in advance. We walked into the main room and there was a huge spread of food.

IMAG0335IMAG0336 

They have a little bit of everything, from southern, to Asian, to Italian.  Aimee and I ate some pot roast and potatoes and were about to consider eating dessert until…



We had a little visitor.  I gently told my wife about it and we left quickly.   I am not sure if it came in from outside, or if it is a regular….it did not matter to me.  We were outta there!  
Note to Self:  NEVER AGAIN!!!


AIMEE:  We had a really great time at Ripley's Believe it or Not, thanks to my husbands spontaneity :)  When we got out of the museum tour it was kind of late and we hadn't had dinner.  We were on the hunt for something quick but yummy and we passed a Golden Corral. Kevin had originally wanted to go there for breakfast because he liked that type of food there the best, but we knew it was quick and he had been there before he knew the price was right as well.  As Kevin said, they have lots of locations, but since we were in Orlando and it was already 9pm-ish, we decided to go to the one that was just a few miles from the museum.  We walked in, it was busy, lots of folks having late dinner.  We found a table, oddly (and turns out, LUCKY) enough on the other side of the wall from the exit.  We wandered over to the hot food and Kevin said their pot roast was good, so I tried a little piece of that, some mashed (both white and sweet) potatoes, some corn and some hush puppies. Everywhere we go, where there is hush puppies, I must try them.  We went back to the table and that's when Kevin spotted the infamous yeast rolls that he's talked about many times before. He grabbed 2 of them and some honey butter which turned out, had amazing flavor.  Everything on my plate was good but of course I had taken too much food and could not finish. 

the potatoes might've needed some salt but I decided against adding it.  The yeast rolls were, in fact, delicious.  The 'server' if you can call her that, did come around and said to just call on her if we needed anything. I still haven't figured out what the point of a server is in a cafeteria-style buffet restaurant, but, we didn't even get the chance to tip her because suddenly Kevin smacked the table.  I looked up wondering what the issue was and I made a face at him. He answered all too calmly with a whisper, "There was something crawling on the table."  With wide eyes, I quickly pushed my chair back away from table and said "Where?!"  He pointed and there I saw it... a roachy-type bug.  I grabbed my bag and he said "Let's go!"  and I literally jogged around the wall and through the exit door so fast, I don't think anyone even saw us leave.  I did my best to push the roach out of my mind because I knew if I thought about it too much, I'd make myself sick.  As it was, Kevin was super grossed out and I thought he would throw up.   Kevin is right when he says...NEVER AGAIN!

4 comments:

  1. EEEEW!!! I would have discretely said something and gotten my money back!

    I was eating at Panera once and got to the second half of my sandwich when I noticed a dead insect starting back at my from a piece of lettuce. I discretely asked for the manager and told her. She was grateful I was discrete and gave me a $15 gift card.

    However, an insect on a piece of lettuce is different from a roach. Who would want to go back even if it was free!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I figured, we have no Golden Corral in the area, and I would NEVER go back, so I figured we would just leave.

      Delete
  2. Oh- and the last time I ate at a Golden Corral was in like 1992 and my little sister bit into what should have been a COOKED chicken finger and the center was RAW and totally COLD. We all nearly puked.

    That was our NEVER AGAIN Golden Corral moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUCK. I filled out the customer satisfaction survey on their receipt. I hope they just refund our card, I dont want a gift card for Golden Corral .. I plan to never return!

    ReplyDelete